Not that anyone has probably noticed, but I just got Nick’s site up and running like a well oiled machine. It was having a bit of problems for awhile. First the gallery broke down, which was in no way related to me upgrading the site. Unless of course there was some sort of ticking time bomb that wasn’t to go off until a week later that somehow didn’t affect jillapalooza.com since I used the same files. Which would be perfectly logical.
Anyway, one day the WPG2 plugin broke, causing the random pictures not to display. I tried to fix it, only to end up upgrading the gallery, only to have it malfunction with the theme and cause the website not to display. I found an upgraded version of the same theme Nick was using which seemed to work, but something went awry in the plugin installation. I ended up reinstalling the plugin and it seemed to work fine. I will not admit to an error in the initial installation of the plugin because I didn’t read the instructions. Nope. Then I edited his sidebar so it looked the same as before.
What I don’t like about the newest version of WPG2 is that it actually uses a page to embed the gallery. So the link the the gallery is “/page id/name/etc.” as opposed to “/wp-gallery2.php”. I like the look of the latter. I’m sure it has it’s benefits which I have not thoroughly thought through. I guess since it’s an actual page it shows up in a page list as opposed to editing the code. And I guess if I could get my permalinks to display without the /index.php/[…] it would look nice. All right, so maybe this is a better option.
Anyway, the point of this story is that it was jilly to the rescue once again. Funny how the hobbyist-webmaster is the one fixing the my-business-card-says-webmaster’s website.